Tuesday, May 18, 2021

My Daddy, Leroy Eugene Frederick, Moravian-Bohemian, Proud American Patriot, and Texan

 




Today, would have been my Daddy's 95th. Birthday. He was a good and honorable man. I miss him so much. I am proud to carry on our family legacy in any way that I can. I have created many family blogs for different lines of our family. I proudly took over the "Family Historian" role from my maternal grandfather and my paternal grandmother, Bessie Mazac Frederick. It has been over 35 years now that I have been writing about my family. 

I planned on writing a book one day, but I have so much information that I was overwhelmed, and didn't know where to start. I am on a fixed income now and really cannot afford to do what I would like to do. I had dreamed about publishing my books, but it would be so expensive. 

So, I have created an online presence for my family on the websites: familysearch.org and findagrave.com and my many, many family blogs on wordpress and blogspot. So, when I am gone to my final resting place, all of my work will be preserved for all mankind to see. I pray that one day I will be with my mother and daddy again. Maybe, if I am good I will make it to heaven to be with them. I know that they are in heaven. Rest in peace, Daddy, and know that you are loved and missed. 


Joseph, Sally, Phyllis, Johnathan, Vivian, Sarah, Patricia, and Karl Frederick, 14 April 2018, Brownfield, Texas, USA


Name: Leroy Eugene "Lee" Frederick

Birth: Mar. 6, 1926 in Crosby, Harris, Texas, USA

Death: Nov. 16, 2006 in Crockett, Houston, Texas, USA 

"Services for Leroy Eugene Frederick 80, of Percilla (near Grapeland), Houston County, Texas will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Liberty Hill United Methodist Church with Tommy Hutto officiating. Mr. Frederick died Thursday at East Texas Medical Center in Crockett. Condolence calls will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Bailey & Foster Funeral Home, Grapeland, Texas." source: Palestine Herald-Press, Nov 18,2006

Leroy was raised Catholic as all his sisters and brothers were too. They attended the Sacred Heart Catholic Church, in Crosby, Harris County, Texas, USA.

Later in his life he was baptized as Methodist with his second wife, Barbara Jo Moore Faulk Frederick. He helped build the Liberty Hill Methodist Church, in Liberty Hill, Williamson, Texas, USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment